About “Corporate Social Responsibility”
It is important that we as an organization are consistent and aligned with our key values and that our activities in the market and as an employer uphold these values. This policy covers ethical business conduct, employee specific topics, organization specific topics and health safety and environmental subject matters.
We value the principles of honesty, partnership, accountability and integrity in all aspects of our business dealings.
We recognize that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognize that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfill the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Director or Legal Entity responsible handles the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realize our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Objectives
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimizing and effectively managing risk ensuring that we uphold the values of honesty, partnership, accountability and integrity in our relationships with all our stakeholders
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices
- We shall engage in environmentally sustainable practices and seek to minimize our environmental impact
- We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organizations and activities in our regions, particularly our employee chosen charities.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees and will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees of whatever nationality, color, race or religious belief are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with our Health and Safety policy and safe systems of work
Ethical business conduct
Our policy is to conduct our business in a manner, which ensures several unyielding key principles that require full compliance at all times including:
- Treating all employees, clients and others with respect, fairness, dignity and free from harassment and discrimination.
- Transparency in our business policies and practices.
- High Standards in all matters relating to Health, Safety, Security and the Environment. Ethical business practices throughout our operations.
- Full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Striving for enhanced excellence and professionalism in all our dealings.
Policies specific to employees
In the event that an employee discovers a breach of company policy there is a facility for the employee to report that breach in confidence either via his Unit Manager, or via an anonymous email address, or telephone sent directly to the HR Manager, or to a member of the Executive Management. The valuable information provided by the whistle blower will be treated in strict confidentiality and investigated thoroughly and the appropriate action will be taken.
Fraud and Corruption
The Company expects that Employees avoid at all times any situation, which may Involve a conflict of interest between the employee and the company. Employees are expressly prohibited from offering, accepting, or soliciting bribe, gift in the form of money, or in kind including entertainment and paid employment in other companies in return to influence a business decision. Executive Management written consent should be sought, in exceptional circumstances, or even for legitimate reasons, in case of a gift, or entertainment, the value of which should be nominal and within the limits prescribed by the Authorities, or reputable International Companies. Employees shall not accept, or seek loans from entitles doing business with the Company, other than the legitimate standard personal loans from banks, or recognized financial institutions.
The Employee shall be attentive in observing this principle and report to the Company, if they suspect any corruption or fraud attempt by individuals, or entities dealing with the Company or any Company clients.
Dealing with Customers Sub-Contractors and External Parties
The Company is committed to the provision of accurate information and fairness in all its dealings with customers. sub-contractors, suppliers. consultants, service providers, officials and any other external party having direct business with the Company.
Conflict of Interest
The Employee should bring to the notice of the concerned Unit Manager, or Executive Management any matter that may be construed as a potential conflict of interest in his/her business decision by stating in writing all the relevant facts and the Unit Managers are expected to advise the Executive Management accordingly.
Ensure that all his/her dealing with contractors, suppliers, consultants, etc. to be impartial, professional and competitive In order to safeguard the Interest of the Company. The Employee must seek with detailed justifications, prior written approval from the Company, if his/her plan to use their knowledge, position, or experience for external material gain.
Safeguarding the Interest of the Company
The assets of the Company are financial, physical, or Intangible and Include buildings, offices, work in progress, equipment, funds, know-how, data, intellectual property and records. Protecting them is essential and should be considered in all dealings. The above apply to all kind of correspondence including mail (hard and electronic), instant messages, websites, social media tools, faxes, and voice mail recordings.
Disclosed information, or press releases must be true, accurate, consistent and not misleading and released with executive management approval. Confidential information is protected and only disclosed by an authorized representative of the Company.
There are other policies which employees need to align to as part of their role in Axxiome – these are more specific. Some are enterprise wide in scope such as security related policies, others are specific to a region or a legal entity. It is the responsibility of the employee to be aware of and align with these important policies.
Policies specific to the organization
Axxiome is governed by a global group management committee and by Legal Entity responsible parties. This structure allows for both local and global consideration when engaging in business dealings. Any concerns related to Corporate Social Responsibility should first be taken up with the Axxiome Legal Entity responsible and then brought to the attention of the Group if not addressed or resolved locally.
Fair Employment Practices
Employment decisions on hiring, evaluation, promotion, training, development, compensation etc. should be based on qualification, merit. performance and business decisions. There should be no discrimination according to race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, ethnic origin, or nationality, always bearing in mind national legislations and cultural factors. The Employees should treat others with respect and avoid situation that may be seen, as inappropriate. The company will not tolerate any action, conduct, or behavior, which is humiliating, intimidating, or hostile.
AXXIOME supports the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in all of its spheres of Influence.
In dealing with government departments and public authorities, it is imperative that the highest standard of respect, understanding and integrity are maintained throughout, including full compliance with all Laws, Regulations, Guidelines and Directives.
Business communication should be handled with utmost care and diligence. It should not mislead, include speculative opinions, exaggeration, engagement in casual conversation on sensitive, or confidential matters.
The Company has adopted a grievance procedure to provide employees, who consider that they have a problem, or complaint about their work with a mechanism for resolving the issue fairly and speedily.
Health, Safety and the Environment
AXXIOME upholds Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) In all its endeavors. HSE responsibility and accountability generates value for our Clients. Providing guidelines for the setting up of appropriate prevention activity and promoting health care and good working environment for all personnel is a high priority.
AXXIOME ensures full regulatory compliance and cost containment to fulfill the company’s obligation in protecting its employees against injury, or impairment of health.
The Company is committed to the goal of doing no harm to people and protecting the environment. Its crucial objective is to have an HSE record that all employees can be proud of. The aim is to earn the confidence of our clients, shareholders, authorities, and society — and to positively contribute to sustainable development.
Decisions on business activities should integrate economic, health, safety, security, and environmental and social considerations. Employees at all levels are expected to always be conscientious and act as safety officers promptly reporting any hazardous practice in their day to day work.
The Legal Entity responsible in each region and assistants are responsible to oversee all environmental aspects in the performance of the Company and advise Executive Management on actions to be taken.
The Company understands that its activities affect the environment and the communities in which we operate. We believe that we have a responsibility to identify and manage these impacts, as effectively, as possible. The Company is committed to continually improving our environmental performance and moving towards best practices in corporate sustainability.
The Company aims to:
- Minimize the environmental impacts of our existing operations and ensure that the environmental impacts of new operations are fully assessed and minimized, prior to their introduction.
- Reduce consumption of materials in all operations, where practicable, to re-use instead of disposing of materials, where possible to promote recycling and use of recycled materials.
- Seek to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and to manage energy wisely in all operations.
- Reduce, wherever practicable, the level of harmful emissions from our office premises.
- Introduce programs that aim to minimize waste.
- Dispose of waste and effluents in a responsible manner.
- Promote the ownership and control of environmental issues at business level.
- Provide the necessary training and support in order to ensure that staff fulfill their requirements.
- Support through our community program the promotion of environmental protection by relevant external companies and organizations.
- Monitor progress and publish an environmental performance report on an annual basis.