About “Corporate Social Responsibility”
As a leading edge international IT consulting company, it is imperative that Axxiome Group operate in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner. In partnership with our stakeholders, we must operate as a conscientious member of our community and be committed to continually improving these aspects of our operations. To do this, we must be transparent, honest and be accountable for our business operations.
We value the principles of honesty, partnership, accountability and integrity in all aspects of our business dealings.
Our Stakeholders & Approach
We recognize that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- Our primary responsibility is to our customers. We are committed to be at the forefront of the IT consulting market, specifically related to SAP Banking and Insurance complexity reduction and analytics. Our primary objective is to help institutions reach clarity from a business, technology, integration and portfolio perspective. Through this commitment we are contributing to the economic prosperity of numerous countries through career development for their citizens, and contribution to economic prosperity of their communities.
- We demonstrate our social commitment and responsibility by ensuring the health and welfare of our employees, customers, investors, suppliers and the environment. We recognize that the responsibility to these stakeholders is integral to our business and we aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- All feedback that we receive from our stakeholders is taken very seriously and, where possible, open dialogue is maintained to ensure that we fulfill the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Director or Legal Entity responsible handles the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realize our corporate responsibility goals. Our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Objectives
- We will ensure a high level of business performance while minimizing and effectively managing risk. This will ensure that we uphold our values of honesty, partnership, accountability and integrity in our relationships with all of our stakeholders.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We shall engage in environmentally sustainable practices and seek to minimize our environmental impact
- We shall encourage dialogue with employees, customers, and local communities for mutual benefit.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organizations and activities in our regions, particularly our employee chosen charities.
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees. We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees of every nationality, color, race, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizen, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other factor protected by law are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with our Health and Safety policy and safe systems of work
Ethical Business Conduct
We are committed to conducting our business in a manner which ensures several unyielding key principles that require full compliance at all times and in conjunction with our policy on Code of Business Conduct, including:
- Treating all employees, clients and others with respect, fairness, dignity and free from harassment and discrimination.
- Transparency in our business policies and practices.
- High standards in all matters relating to Health, Safety, Security and the Environment. Ethical business practices throughout our operations.
- Full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Striving for enhanced excellence and professionalism in all our dealings.
Policies Specific to Employees
In the event that an employee discovers a breach of company policy, it is encouraged that the employee report the breach, in confidence either to his Coach (Manager), to management via an anonymous email address, an email sent directly to the HR Manager, or directly to a member of the Executive Management. Our policy is intended to encourage and enable employees to raise serious concerns about violations to our Code of Conduct. The valuable information provided by the whistle blower will be treated in strict confidentiality and investigated thoroughly and the appropriate action will be taken. There will be no retaliation or harassment of employees acting in good faith.
Fraud and Corruption
Our commitment to conducting business with integrity means avoiding corruption in any form, including bribery and complying with the anti-corruption laws of every country in which we operate. At all times, Axxiome Group expects that all Employees, Directors, Consultants, and Contractors avoid any situation which may involve a conflict of interest between themselves and the company. Employees are expressly prohibited from offering, accepting, or soliciting bribes, gifts in the form of money, loans, payoffs, influence payments, kick-backs, or other things of value or financial or other benefit, advantage payment of any kind to or from any person (including any government or government official), regardless of form in order to influence, induce, persuade or obtain any improper advantage or action. Executive Management’s written consent should be sought, in exceptional circumstances, or even for legitimate reasons, in case of a gift, or entertainment. The value of such gift should be nominal and within the limits prescribed by the Authorities, or reputable International Companies. Employees shall not accept or seek loans from entitles doing business with Axxiome Group, other than the legitimate standard personal loans from banks, or recognized financial institutions.
The Employees, Directors, Consultants or Contractors shall be attentive in observing this principle and report to the Axxiome Group if they suspect any corruption or fraud attempt by individuals, or entities dealing with the Axxiome Group or any Axxiome Group clients.
Dealing with Customers Sub-Contractors and External Parties
Axxiome Group is committed to the provision of accurate information and fairness in all its dealings with customers, sub-contractors, suppliers, consultants, service providers, officials and any other external party having direct business with the company.
Conflict of Interest
A Conflict of Interest is a situation in which a person has a private or personal interest sufficient to appear to influence the objective exercise of his or her official duties as a professional. Axxiome Group’s Code of Conduct reiterates that Employees, Directors, Consultants or Contractors must never favor their own interests to the detriment of the company itself, its customers, investors or the community.
The Employee should bring to the notice of the concerned Coach (Manager), or Executive Management, any matter that may be construed as a potential conflict of interest in his/her business decision by stating in writing all the relevant facts and the Coach is expected to advise the Executive Management accordingly.
Employees must ensure that all his/her dealing with contractors, suppliers, consultants, etc. to be impartial, professional and competitive In order to safeguard the interests of Axxiome Group. The Employee must seek with detailed justifications, prior written approval from Axxiome Group, if his/her plan to use their knowledge, position, or experience for external material gain.
Safeguarding the Interest of the Company
The assets of Axxiome Group are financial, physical, or intangible and include; buildings, offices, work In progress, equipment, funds, know-how, data, intellectual property and records. Protecting them is essential and should be considered in all dealings. The above apply to all kind of correspondence including mail (hard and electronic), instant messages, websites, social media tools, faxes, and voice mail recordings.
Disclosed information, or press releases must be true, accurate, consistent and not misleading and released with executive management approval. Confidential information is protected and only disclosed by an authorized representative of Axxiome Group.
Policies specific to the organization
Axxiome Group is governed by a global group management committee and by Legal Entity responsible parties. This structure allows for both local and global consideration when engaging in business dealings. Any concerns related to Corporate Social Responsibility should first be taken up with the Axxiome Legal Entity responsible and then brought to the attention of the Group if not addressed or resolved locally.
Fair Employment Practices
Employment decisions on hiring, evaluation, promotion, training, development, compensation etc. should be based on qualifications, merit, performance and business decisions. There should be no discrimination according to any nationality, color, race, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other factor always bearing in mind national legislations and cultural factors. The Employees should treat others with respect and avoid situations that may be seen as inappropriate. The company will not tolerate any action, conduct, or behavior, which is humiliating, intimidating, or hostile.
Axxiome Group supports the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in all of its spheres of influence.
In dealing with government departments and public authorities, it is imperative that the highest standard of respect, understanding and integrity are maintained throughout, including full compliance with all Laws, Regulations, Guidelines and Directives.
Business communication should be handled with utmost care and diligence. It should not mislead, include speculative opinions, exaggerations, engagement in casual conversation on sensitive, or confidential matters.
The Company has adopted a grievance procedure to provide employees, who consider that they have a problem, or complaint about their work with a mechanism for resolving the issue fairly and speedily.
Health, Safety and the Environment
Axxiome Group upholds Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) in all of its endeavors. HSE responsibility and accountability generates value for our clients. Providing guidelines for the setting up of appropriate prevention activity and promoting health care and good working environment for all personnel is a high priority.
Axxiome Group ensures full regulatory compliance and cost containment to fulfill the company’s obligation in protecting its employees against injury, or impairment of health.
Axxiome Group is committed to the goal of doing no harm to people and protecting the environment. Its crucial objective is to have an HSE record that all employees can be proud of. The aim is to earn the confidence of our clients, shareholders, authorities, and the community — and to positively contribute to sustainable development.
Decisions on business activities should integrate economic, health, safety, security, and environmental and social considerations. Employees at all levels are expected to always be conscientious and act as safety officers promptly reporting any hazardous practice in their day to day work.
The Legal Entity and assistants in each region are responsible to oversee all environmental aspects in the performance of Axxiome and advise Executive Management on actions to be taken.
Axxiome Group understands that its activities affect the environment and the communities in which we operate. We believe that we have a responsibility to identify and manage these impacts, as effectively, as possible. Axxiome Group is committed to continually improving our environmental performance and moving towards best practices in corporate sustainability.
The Company aims to:
- Minimize the environmental impacts of our existing operations and ensure that the environmental impacts of new operations are fully assessed and minimized, prior to their introduction.
- We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint. We are achieving this through best-practice management of the following:
- Energy Use – each legal entity is required to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and to manage energy wisely in all operations
- Business Travel – Where possible, alternative means of travel is used, video-conferencing encouraged, and the number of trips minimized by combining trips, flying the most direct route as possible and flying economy class
- Material Consumption – Consistent usage of digital data storage and correspondence to reduce the volume of paper and consumables usage. Reduce, where practicable, to re-use instead of disposing of materials, and introduce programs that aim to minimize waste.
- Waste – Where possible maximize and encourage the use of local recycling programs. Dispose of waste and effluents in a responsible manner
- Reduce, wherever practicable, the level of harmful emissions from our office premises.
- Promote the ownership and control of environmental issues at business level.
- Provide the necessary training and support In order to ensure that staff fulfills their requirements.
- Support through our community program the promotion of environmental protection by relevant external companies and organizations.
- Monitor progress and publish an environmental performance report on an annual basis.